Penguin Island Wildlife Cruise
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Shoalwater, WA
- Product code: PSIWC
Enjoy the scenic highlights of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park and keep a look out for the wildlife! This 60 minute glass bottom boat cruise takes in the ruggedly spectacular coastlines of Penguin, Seal & Bird Islands and takes advantage of the best wildlife spotting opportunities of the day. Wild dolphins, rare Australian sea lions, pelican rookeries, and birds of prey are regularly sighted and our friendly crew will get you right amongst the action!
The cruise disembarks on Penguin Island for a guided 30 minute walk that takes in the spectacular beaches, coastal look outs and nesting sea birds of this stunning island nature reserve.
- Seeing rare Australian sea lions on the beach at Seal Island
- Seeing wild dolphins at play (although sightings are regular, they’re not guaranteed as our cruise is restricted to inside Shoalwater Bay)
- Exploring the rugged islands and viewing nesting pelicans, cormorants and spotting other sea birds that live in the park
- Drifting over sea grass meadows and limestone reefs spotting fish and other marine life through the glass bottom
- Viewing the fossilized remnants of ancient tuart forests
- Taking in spectacular coastal views, nesting sea birds and hearing about the latest little penguin research on a 30 minute guided walk of Penguin Island
- Enjoying a yummy lunch or coffee at Pengo's Cafe before or after your cruise (additional cost)
Departure Times & Bookings
Penguin Island Wildlife Cruise departs Shoalwater daily at 10.15am & 12.15pm with an additional cruise on busy days at 2.15pm. Book online now!
Adults $39, Concession (seniors & students) $35, Children (3- 12 yrs) $30, Infants (under 3yrs) $0, Family (2+2) $125
Book your tickets online now by selecting your desired date on the booking form and then press the drop down arrow under 'Choose a Time'. Online bookings close 1 hour before departure. Inside this time, please call reservations on 08 9591 1333 as there may still be seats available. Tickets may also be purchased from our shop.
If you have a group of 10+ and would prefer a different cruise time please use our Groups Enquiry Form and our friendly reservations team will respond with a proposed itinerary and quote within 48 hours.