Penguin Island Ferry & Discovery Centre
- Duration: 10 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Shoalwater, WA
- Product code: FERRY-PEXP
A short 5 minute ferry ride across beautiful Shoalwater Bay is all it takes to meet the world’s smallest penguins! It only takes an hour to visit the penguins but if you have more time, go swimming, snorkeling, explore the nature trails or just relax and enjoy this beautiful nature reserve.
- Getting up close to the little penguins at the Discovery Centre
- Swimming and snorkeling the crystal clear waters of Shoalwater Bay
- Exploring the nature trails & boardwalks taking in spectacular views of the marine park
- Having a picnic under the trees overlooking a safe swimming beach ideal for young children
- Seeing nesting pelicans & other sea birds up close especially September & October when the chicks are hatching
- Using the binoculars at the look outs to spot dolphins & whales (September to December)
- Ferry transfers
- Discovery Centre entry fees for penguin feeding at 10.30am, 12.30 or 2.30pm
- Free time to swim, snorkel (bring your own equipment), picnic and explore the island
Adults $27, Concession (seniors & students) $24, Children (3- 12 yrs) $20, Infants (under 3yrs) $0
Families (2 adults/ conc & 2 children) $85
Departure Times & Bookings
Ferries depart Shoalwater hourly from 9am to 3pm with extra departures scheduled every 20 to 30 minutes on busy days (September 15, 2017 to June 4, 2018)
Return ferries depart Penguin Island at 10 minutes past the hour, every hour from 10.10am to 3.10pm with the final ferry departing at 4pm sharp. Additional return ferries are scheduled on busy days. Return ferries don't need to be booked in advance, simply wait at the jetty on the day for the next available departure.
Book your tickets online now by selecting your desired date on the booking form and then press the drop down arrow under 'Choose a Time'.
Online bookings close 1 hour before departure, if you have not made a booking and wish to join today's departure please contact reservations on 08 9591 1333 as there may still be seats available. Alternatively tickets can be purchased over the counter.
If you have a group of 10 or more and would like a customized itinerary, please use our Groups Enquiry Form and our friendly reservations team will respond with a proposed itinerary and quote within 48 hours.